- www to non-www redirection is not implemented - recommends to keep www.google.com
- Google PageRank - 0/ 10 Ideal PR is 4
- Domain Authority - 0/100 Ideal DA is above 50
- Page Authority - 0/100 Ideal PA is above 50
- Alexa Rank in AU - n/a Ideal PA is below 500,000 to get 200 daily unique visitors
- Site age in year - young website is easily affected by Panda and Penguin updates
2. SEO Setup
- Google analytics setup - stats reporting
- Google webmaster setup - Helps on indexing and provide back links statistics
- Bing Webmaster setup - Helps on indexing and provide back links statistics
- Robot.txt setup - Prevent robot to index secured pages
- Sitemap.xml setup - Helps search engine find the pages
- Identified at least 10 pages with keywords in the title.
- Conduct quick keyword research and recommends distributing at least 10 keywords to the important pages of the site. Extra landing pages usually found to have links from sitemap and site footer.
- Homepage - Are the company priority keywords present in the homepage?
- HTML Tagging - Check if there H1, H2, Alt, title and Strong are present on the pages.
- Keywords density - Are the keywords density within 3% to 7%. Did the priority keywords the prominent words in the pages- http://tools.seobook.com/general/keyword-density/
- Internal links - Are some keyword have link to the internal pages like services and landing pages.
- Content - Are there enough (100 words per keywords) wording to avoid keyword stuffing?
- Video - Is there video used in the testimonies that may help increase conversions
- Images - check if images title tag used phrases with keywords
- URL Structure - Check if the keywords are Google friendly. Check the length of the title.
- Meta Title - Check if the title uses the formula: keyword + marketing adjective + topic.
- Meta Description - Check the description of 10 pages if includes keywords, geo-targeted terms and click to action. This increase the click rate.
- 404 page - Check if the 404 pages redirect to either sitemap or homepage using the sample url: www.domain.com/nopage.php
- Thank-you page - Test the contact form if the thank you page is present and if it recommends reading blog post or joining social media account. .
5. Content Analysis
- Meta duplication - check if there are content duplication on meta title and meta description using the query site: www.example.com or webmaster account.
- Page duplication - check minimum 10 pages for content duplication using http://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/
- Content layout - Is the content structure consistent with other pages of the site.
- Font size/weight - Is the font size variation present on the page to stress important product/services advantages.
- Image file name - are the image terms used searchable term? (In general, Google used the terms besides the images)
- Image link - Is the embedded images have proper link target and not just none-textual page created by WordPress template.
- Contact Map - Is the contact us page supported by Google map?
- Test page or post - Check if the test page and test post are still present using Site:www.example.com "post"+ "test".
6. Site Speed - Load Time use tools.pingdom.com
- Performance Grade: - ideal grade is 80/100
- Load Time: 2.02s: - Idea is 3 seconds below
- Server Response Code -
- 2XX Success - 43 pages are responding
- 3XX Redirecting - 1 page - avoid too much redirect
- 4XX Client Error - Redirect to sitemap or homepage otherwise customise your 404 page.
- 5XX Server Error - 0 - Hosting possible error.
- Connection Error - 0 - Database error connection with WordPress
- Image dimension - is the actual image size the same with the declared html tag?
- Image size - is the image size less than the width of the post or page?
7. Web 2.0 Standard
1. Blog - Is there any internal blog presence in the site?
2. Read more - Is the read more present in the blog index page?
3. Blog category - Are the blog categories present and organise as major topic label?
4. Blog tags - Are the tags present and organise as specific topic label?
5. Blog category indexing - is the blog category not indexable - check with query site:www.example.com on Google or with CMS.
8. Page indexed - - Site that is not indexed are penalised.
- Google - Site that is not indexed are penalised. How many pages indexed?
- Bing - The 3 search engine should almost have the same value
- New website - recommends a minimum of 15 pages for the new sites to accommodate 5 to 10 priority keywords
- Old website – Website with 1 year old of age with few updates/pages are consider as forgotten website so expect that Google boot do not visit the site anymore.
- Update factor: Recommends to regularly update the site once a week so Google will be on the site weekly. Mega websites help the site get away from Panda and Penguin updates.
9. Social media Stats – study shows social media signals correlates with site authority.
- Facebook – How many followers
- Twitter – How many followers
- Google + – How many in the circles
- Pinterest - How many followers
- YouTube – How many views
10. Statistics - Good for established websites – Optional depends on the access availability
- Number unique visitors in 3 months
- Number of page views per visitors – should be not less than 3
- Time on site - should be not less than 3 minutes
- Bounce rate - Should not more than 50-%
Jobette Escobanas is a blogger and front end web designer. He enjoys writing about web design, technology, politics and travel. He also enjoys photography in which you can find nicely shoot photos from his personal blog. For open source eCommerce website design visit the site or contact me here.